Sunday, October 28, 2007

Poem: Prayer Song


Digital Painting by Jeff Spencer

Sometimes I'm close
to the perfect answer
I feel it float
just beyond my reach

It moves outside
of my perception
I long to know
what it has to teach

Whispering, to me
in a secret language
words, that I, can't hear

Beckoning, to me
with a velvet finger
I long to believe
that deliverance is near


I want to know
why I feel like weeping
why my death calls
and draws me to bed

I want to feel
like the green grass reaching
for the sky
no reason why
just seeking to live

5 Comments:

Anonymous Suvi said...

All right, reality check!!

I was sent this link by my aunt Anamika Jain(think you know her?).

I read the first chapter and decided it wasn't worth reading.

However, I decided to try again, wondering why she had liked it so much.

And well, yes, I did enjoy reading it.

No, not the novel, that will have to wait.
I enjoyed this poem here very much.

I guess I could go for something else like 'keep it up' which sounds stupid, lame, and er...well, let's just say I am having a lot of difficulty ending this comment(you might have judged that from the fact that this thing is going on and on and on and on and on..)

So, without running the risk of...biring you crazy, I'll just stop right here. Thanks for sharing and...er..*ahem*
1...2...3..stop!

1/09/2008  
Anonymous Michelle said...

hey, its michelle. have you sung this outloud? I'd like to hear it, in your voice :)

4/30/2009  
Anonymous P.C. Fergusson said...

I have sung it, for sure. I sang it this year in class for a poetry reading we held...
: )

5/01/2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, Patsy!

8/31/2011  
Blogger P.C. Fergusson said...

Thank you, Poet! And Suvi, I don't know why I never responded to your comment. I guess I was living under a rock when you left it. Thank you for the encouragement! I'm ready to come back out, now. :) And Michelle, yes, it's better as a song, I think. Maybe I could make an audio file and post it here? Let me work on that...

9/27/2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home